Horseradish creme friache
- To make the curing mixture, put the chillies, star anise, lemon and lime zest and juice, beetroot juice, olive oil and dill in a food processor and pulse until chopped. (Make sure the lid is on very tightly or cover with a tea towel.) Put the salt and sugar in a large bowl. Add the beetroot mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread half the curing mixture over the base of a large dish – big enough to hold salmon. Add the salmon, flesh-side down, and cover with remaining curing mixture. Cover with plastic wrap, then rest a smaller tray or chopping board on top of the salmon and weigh down. Chill for 6 hours or overnight to cure.
- For the horseradish crème fraîche, combine ingredients in a bowl and season to taste with sea salt and pepper. Refrigerate until required.
- When ready to serve, remove salmon from dish, and pat dry with paper towel or clean kitchen wipes. Using a sharp knife, thinly slice salmon on an angle, using the knife to release salmon from the skin.
- Arrange salmon on a platter and serve with horseradish cream, blini and chervil.
NOTE: *Fresh beetroot juice can be purchased from Health food stores or your local café or juice bar.