Pepper Crusted Kangaroo
- Preheat the BBQ to medium heat.
- For the corn ribs, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil.
- Cut the corn in half widthwise. Put each corn half upright on its cut end so its stable, then carefully cut from top to bottom to make 8 wedges.
- Cook the corn ribs in the pan of boiling water for 2-3 mins or until plump. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine the spices in a large bowl. Combine the mayonnaise and hot sauce in a separate bowl. Set both bowls aside.
- Toss the corn ribs in the olive oil. Cook the corn ribs on the BBQ, brushing with the melted butter, for 2-3 mins until charred and beginning to curl.
- Remove from the heat and add to the spice mix, tossing to coat. Set aside and keep warm.
- Increase the BBQ to high heat.
- For the kangaroo, combine, pepper, salt and olive oil on a plate.
- Press both sides of each kangaroo steak into the pepper mixture to form a crust.
- Cook the kangaroo on the BBQ for 4 minutes on one side, then turn and cook, brushing lightly with some of the BBQ sauce, for a further 3 minutes for medium rare.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside to rest for 4 minutes.
- Add any resting juices from the kangaroo to the remaining BBQ sauce and stir to combine.
- Brush the kangaroo with the sauce mixture and thickly slice across the grain.
- To serve the corn, brush with the spicy mayonnaise and sprinkle over the grated cheese.
- Serve the kangaroo with the corn ribs and lime wedges to squeeze over