Roast Vegetable and Parmesan Frittata
Beef Hand Pies
Roast Vegetable and Parmesan Frittata – Leftover roast vegetables
- Preheat oven to 160C fan-forced.
- Grease a non-stick 20cm round cake pan or round cast iron frypan with spray oil.
- Put the eggs in a large bowl and whisk with a fork. Add cream, parmesan, paprika and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in vegetables. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Scatter with tomatoes.
- Transfer to oven and cook for 20-25 mins or until eggs are set and top is firm. Stand in pan for 15 mins before turning out onto a serving plate.
- Serve frittata with sweet chill sauce and salad.
Fried Rice - Left over boiled rice
- Put the eggs in a bowl and whisk with a fork.
- Heat the wok over high heat and add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion, corn and rice. Stir-fry over high heat for 2 mins. Add the eggs, stir-fry to combine. Add the peas, pork and prawns and stir-fry for 2 mins or until well combined and heated through. Season to taste. Serve immediately.
Beef Hand Pies – Leftover Bolognese
- Preheat oven to 200C fan-forced.
- Cut each sheet of pastry into 4 squares. Working with 1 pastry square at a time, brush the edges with beaten egg wash.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of bolognaise onto one side of pastry square, scatter with some cheese then fold pastry over so corners meet to form a rectangular parcel. Press edges with a fork, to seal well. Place on a baking paper-lined oven tray. Brush the tops with beaten egg wash to glaze and cut a small slit in the top of each pie to vent steam.
- Transfer trays to the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden and cooked through.
- Serve with tomato sauce and a green salad.