Choc Chip Gingerbread Biscuits
Lemon Drizzle Cake
Chocolate Cupcakes & Chocolate Frosting
Chocolate Avocado frosting
Choc Chip Gingerbread Biscuits - Sweet Potato
- Peel and cut sweet potato into 2cm chunks. Put in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, cook for 12-15 mins or until soft. Drain well. Return to pan and mash until smooth. Measure out 2/3 cup mash and refrigerate until chilled. Use any remaining mash for another use.
- Preheat oven to 180C fan-forced.
- Put the measured mash into a bowl and add oil, golden syrup, mixed spice and ginger. Mix until smooth.
- Put the flour, bicarb soda and brown sugar in a bowl and mix well. Fold flour mixture and chocolate chips into sweet potato mixture until just combined.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line 2 oven trays with baking paper. Roll tablespoons of dough into balls and place on prepared trays. Press down to flatten slightly and smooth out edges.
- Decorate with extra chocolate chips by pressing them on top of each biscuit.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until firm and golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Lemon Drizzle Cake - Zucchini
- Preheat oven to 170C fan-forced. Grease a 24cm Bundt pan with spray oil.
- Put the sugar and lemon zest in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the oil, eggs, lemon juice, and vanilla and mix with a hand mixer or hand whisk until combined. Stir in zucchini.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow cake to cool for 10 mins, put onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the icing. Put the melted butter, icing sugar, vanilla and lemon juice in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth and drizzle over cooled cake.
Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting - Beetroot with an Avocado Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 12 hole muffin pan with cupcake papers.
- For the cupcakes. Put the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and bicarb in a large bowl. Mix well. Add beetroot puree, melted chocolate, oil and milk. Mix until smooth. Spoon among cases and smooth tops.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tops are dry and firm to touch. Allow to cool. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the frosting. Put the avocado, cocoa, dates, icing sugar and oil in the bowl of a food processor and puree until it is as smooth as possible. Remove lid and scrape down sides with a rubber spatula and process again until smooth.
- Put frosting in a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and decorate cooled cupcakes.
*TIP: You can use cooked ready to eat beetroots sold in packs in supermarket to make the beetroot puree.