Cream Cheese Icing
- Preheat oven to 170C, spray and line an 8 inch cake tin
- Place butter into a small saucepan then on a gentle heat until the butter is melted. Add the Guinness and cream then whisk.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cocoa powder. Once the butter mixture is cooled, whisk in the eggs then slowly incorporate the wet mixture with the dry.
- Bake in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until a skewer can be inserted and removed without any cake batter attached.
- Allow the cake to cool before icing.
- To make the icing, whisk both ingredients in a bowl until a light fluffy well incorporated icing is made. Once the icing is nice and smooth, ice the top of the cake generously with the icing.