To Make The Marinade
- Combine 1 bottle ginger beer, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, canola oil, and chilli flakes in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Place the chicken wings in a large container or bowl, then pour the marinade over the wings. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 1 hour, tossing the wings after 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, then place a cooling rack on top of the foil-lined baking sheet. Drain the chicken wings and discard the marinade.
- Pat the chicken wings dry with paper towels, then arrange the wings in a single layer on the rack.
- Place the wings in the oven and bake until the skin is crisp and the chicken is cooked through, about 45 minutes.
To Make The Glaze
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the ginger and cook until very fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Stir in the remaining ginger beer and soy sauce, along with the honey. Bring to a boil and reduce, stirring often, until the sauce reduces by half and thickens, 5-7 minutes. Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the glaze to a large bowl.
To Make The Relish
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and puree until combined.
- Place the baked wings in the large bowl with the glaze and toss to coat.
- Top wings with Watermelon Relish, sprinkle with chopped green shallots and serve immediately.