Bay Leaf Oil
Yoghurt and Buttermilk Granita
Honey Yoghurt Pearls
Salted White Chocolate
- Prechill an ice cream machine. Place 4 serving bowls into the freezer.
- For the Yoghurt Sorbet, place sugar, glucose and one tablespoon yoghurt into a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar has melted then remove from the heat. Mix into remaining yoghurt and stir in lemon juice.
- Pour into an ice cream machine and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions. Place into the freezer until required.
- For the Bay Leaf Oil, place ingredients into a blender and process until completely broken down, about 8 minutes. Strain through a muslin lined sieve and transfer to a squeeze bottle. Set aside in the fridge.
- For the Yoghurt and Buttermilk Granita, place sugar and water into a saucepan and stir over medium heat until sugar has dissolved. Place 50ml of the sugar syrup plus remaining ingredients into the canister of a small ISI gun. Charge twice with cream charges and shake well in between.
- Carefully dispense foam into a large bowl of liquid nitrogen. Using a slotted spoon, break the foam apart to form small clusters. Scoop clusters out of the nitrogen and store on a lined tray the freezer.
- For the Honey Yoghurt Pearls, place gelatine into a small bowl and cover with water. Set aside to soften for 5 minutes then drain well and gently squeeze out excess water.
- Place water, sugar and honey into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Add softened gelatine and stir to melt. Whisk in yoghurt then transfer to a squeeze bottle.
- Carefully squeeze mixture into bowl of liquid nitrogen to freeze. Allow to pearls to harden them scoop out with a slotted spoon and place onto a lined tray. Store in the freezer until required.
- For the Salted White Chocolate, place chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and cook in 30 second intervals, stirring between, until melted. Remove from the microwave stir in a little salt. Whisk maltodextrin in until a fluffy snow like texture is achieved. Set aside in fridge.
- To serve, place some raw honeycomb and Salted White Chocolate into each frozen bowl. Top each with a quenelle of Yoghurt Sorbet and create a small well on top using the back of a teaspoon. Spoon in Bay Leaf Oil. Sprinkle Yoghurt and Buttermilk Granita and Honey Yoghurt Pearls around sorbet and serve immediately.