- To make the orange gel ravioli, heat 200ml water and orange juice until boiling point. Whisk in agar. Remove from heat and strain through a sieve into a 2 shallow 42cm x 27cm trays, place in fridge and allow to set.
- In a mixing bowl, combine mascarpone, amarena syrup and lemon juice and mix well.
- Once orange gel has set, use a 7cm round cutter to cut gel discs. Place a teaspoon of mascarpone filling on 16 of the orange gel discs and top with half a cherry. Place another orange gel disc on top and seal the edges.
- Slice lemon rind into thin strips. Bring remaining 100ml water and sugar to a simmer and add lemon strips. Cook the lemon strips until softened, about 10 minutes. Remove from liquid and pat dry.
- Simmer the whiskey over a low heat until the original volume has reduced by one half.
- Whisk egg whites to soft peaks. Slowly whisk in whiskey syrup.
- To assemble, place four ravioli into four serving bowls. Spoon in whiskey foam and garnish with candied lemon strips. Serve immediately.