- Preheat oven to 180C.
- For the Beetroot Poached in Blackberry Wine, combine blackberry wine and blackberry juice in a small saucepan. Add beetroots, cover and simmer until tender, about 30-35 minutes. Remove beetroots and reserve poaching liquid.
- For the Wallaby and Blackberry Jus, grind the pepperberries and lemon myrtle in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle. Rub the spice mix into the wallaby backstraps, making sure they are well coated. Reserve 4 pieces of wallaby covered in a bowl in the fridge until needed.
- Heat oil in a medium frypan over high heat. Fry the remaining 4 backstraps on all sides until rare, about 2 minutes.
- Slice backstraps and place into a bowl, cover and allow to rest. Add the juices from the sliced wallaby to the reserved blackberry poaching liquid. Place on a low heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from heat, add butter and stir until fully incorporated. Remove from heat, season and set aside.
- For the Macadamia and Mushroom Crumb, spread macadamias onto a baking tray. Place into the oven until golden brown, about 5-6 minutes. Place dried mushrooms and salt into a food processor and blitz to a fine powder. Remove macadamias from the oven, dust with the mushroom powder, stir to coat and set aside to cool. Place into a food processor and process to a coarse crumb. Set aside.
- For the Wild Shiitake, warm the butter in a medium frypan over low heat then grate in the truffle. Increase heat to medium and add shiitake and simmer until the butter browns slightly and mushrooms are cooked through, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from the heat, season and set aside.
- For the Native Pepper Crusted Wallaby, heat olive oil in a medium frypan over high heat. Add backstraps and cook on all sides, turning constantly, until rare, about 2 minutes.
- To serve, spoon around 2 tablespoons of the Macadamia Crumb along one side of each plate. Cut the stem off four of the poached beetroots and place upside down, onto the crumb. Cut remaining poached beetroots in half, and place both halves along the crumb. Place 3 of the Wild Shiitake Mushrooms along each plate on the crumb, making sure the stem is facing upward. Use a small spoon to spoon some of the truffle butter onto the mushrooms. Slice the pieces of the Native Pepper Crusted Wallaby in half and place 3 halves onto the Macadamia Crumb. Garnish with small fennel fronds and serve with the Blackberry and Wallaby Jus in a pouring jug on the side.