Tandoori Style Chops
Killer and Mild Chutney
- Prepare a hibachi grill or BBQ.
- For the Garam Masala, place the spices into a small frypan over low heat. Toast the spices, stirring regularly, for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Transfer to a spice grinder and blend to a powder. Set aside.
- For the Tandoori Style Chops, place the ingredients into a deep wide bowl and toss until the chops are evenly coated in the marinade ingredients. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Cook the chops on the grill or BBQ for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat and transfer to a clean bowl.
- Rest the chops in the bowl for about 2 -3 minutes then toss the chops to coat in the juices in the bowl.
- Return the chops to the heat and cook for a further 1-2 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Turn the chops on their side edge to crisp . Remove from the heat and set aside.
- For the Pickled Onions, combine the ingredients together in a small bowl and mix gently. Set aside to pickle for 10 minutes. Drain well then transfer the onion to a small serving ramekin. Set aside.
- For the Killer Chutney, combine the lime juice and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the coriander, mint, chillies, onion, ginger and brown sugar into a blender. Process, gradually adding some lime juice and water, until a smooth paste forms.
- Season with a pinch of Garam Masala and salt, to taste. Transfer 2 tablespoons to a small bowl for the Mild Chutney. Place the remainder into a serving ramekin and set aside.
- For the Mild Chutney, add the yoghurt to the 2 tablespoons of Killer Chutney and stir to combine. Season with salt and transfer to a small serving ramekin.
- To serve, scatter the carrot, cucumber and onion over a serving plate. Pile the Tandoori Style Chops on top and serve the ramekins of Killer and Mild Chutney and Pickled Onion on the side.
Remaining Garam Masala can be stored in an airtight container for another use.