- Heat a heavy-based frying pan over high heat. Season steaks with fine sea salt. Add 2mm of olive oil to pan and heat until it is smoking hot.
- Cook steaks 15-20 seconds, then turn over and fry for a further 15-20 seconds. Repeat process, turning steaks for 2½ minutes for rare, or until cooked to your liking. Use a digital thermometer to check the temperature as per below. Remove from pan and set aside to rest on a wire rack set over a plate to catch the juices.
- Meanwhile, remove pan from heat and discard most of the oil, but don’t clean the pan. Allow pan to cool for 2 minutes, then add extra virgin olive oil to pan. Add garlic to pan, cook for about 30 seconds over low heat, then add rosemary. Rub lemon rind strips between your finger and thumb to release oils, then add to pan. Remove from heat. Allow to infuse for 5 minutes while the meat is resting, then squeeze in lemon juice. Strain dressing through a fine sieve, and add any steak juices.
- Season rocket leaves with salt, drizzle with half of the dressing, and toss to combine.
- To serve, slice steaks thinly, and arrange on plates. Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with remaining dressing. Top beef with rocket leaves and garnish with Parmesan.
Internal temperature of steak 45C – bleu 50C – rare 55C – medium-rare 60C – medium