- Soak 8 bamboo skewers in water for 1 hour.
- Thread 1 prawn length ways onto each skewer, keeping the prawn straight.
- Heat a grill plate over the stove top or on a barbecue over high heat.
- Place skewers onto hot plate and douse with Shaoxing and cook for 2 minutes. Turn and add more wine, cooking for 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place garlic, ginger and chillies into the bowl of a small food processor and blitz to a rough paste.
- Place a large saucepan on the stovetop over medium heat. Add the peanut oil and the chilli paste and fry until fragrant, about 3-4 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the lime juice. Reduce heat to low.
- Place the chopped nashi pears into the bowl of a small food processor and pulse until a fine dice. Add the diced pear to the pan along with the five spice, shaoxing, black vinegar and soy sauce. Stir well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the plums, brown sugar and ½ cup water to the saucepan. Simmer, stirring occasionally, over a low heat for 10-12 minutes until plums have collapsed and sauce thickens. Season with extra Shaoxing, vinegar and soy sauce.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool before serving.
- Serve prawns immediately with Plum Sauce.