- Preheat oven to 180C.
- For the Set Buttermilk, place the cream and sugar into a small saucepan. Set over a low-medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat, add gelatine and stir until dissolved. Transfer to a bowl set over an ice bath and cool before stirring through the buttermilk. Place in fridge to set until serving.
- For the Rosella Flower Consomme, place all ingredients in a medium saucepan and set over medium heat. Bring to a gentle simmer and allow to cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer the mixture to a bowl. Set aside, in fridge to infuse and cool. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a clean bowl and return to fridge until serving.
- For the Peppermint Gum Oil, place the dried peppermint gum leaves and the grapeseed oil into a small food processor and blitz on high speed for 1 minute. Strain the oil through a muslin lined fine mesh sieve and set aside until serving.
- For the Pistachio Nut Crumble, place melted butter and sugars in a bowl and whisk until slightly light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and continue to whisk until the mixture begins to lighten. Add flour, bi-carb and salt and stir until just combined.
- Roll the mixture into 4cm balls and place onto a lined baking tray, flattening slightly. Place in oven to bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Roughly crumble the cookies then add the chopped pistachios and mix through. Place tray under the grill to toast until golden, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside to cool until serving.
- To serve, place a large spoonful of the Pistachio Nut Crumble on each plate. Place a spoonful of the Set Buttermilk onto the crumble. Serve with Rosella Consomme and Peppermint Gum Oil on the side.