- Preheat oven to 160C. Grease and line 6-8 cup ovenproof dish.
- For the Pudding, sift the flour, sugar and cocoa into a mixing bowl and mix to combine. Make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the butter, milk, vanilla and egg and gradually pour into the well. Use a spoon to combine, being careful not to over mix.
- Pour the mixture into the greased ovenproof dish and use the back of a spoon to flatten the surface.
- For the Topping, sprinkle the sugar and cocoa over the pudding mixture then gently pour the boiling water over the top.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to stand in the dish for 10 minutes before serving.
- To serve, dust with cocoa powder or icing sugar and top with a scoop of crème fraiche.