Bush Tomato Salt
Watercress and Wasabi Leaf Oil
Pan Seared Scallops
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- For the Roasted Chestnuts, score the base of the chestnuts in a cross. Place onto a tray and into the oven until the skin starts to lift, about 10 minutes. Remove chestnuts from the oven and set aside to cool. Once cool, peel and discard the inner and outer skins then chop the chestnuts into quarters.
- Place a medium frypan over high heat. Add the butter and once melted and foamy, add the chestnuts and cook until golden, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside on kitchen paper.
- For the Cauliflower Puree, place a medium saucepan over high heat. Add the butter and once melted, add the cauliflower and garlic and cook until slightly softened about 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook until cream and milk has reduced almost completely and the cauliflower is very tender, about 7-10 minutes. Remove from the heat and transfer to a food processor and process until smooth. Season to taste. then pass through a sieve into a bowl. Set aside, covered to keep warm.
- For the Bush Tomato Salt, place tomatoes and salt into a spice grinder. Process until fine then pass through a sieve and reserve in a small bowl.
- For the Watercress and Wasabi Leaf Oil, place all ingredients into a food processer and blend until smooth. Pass through a fine sieve and set aside.
- For the Romanesco, bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil.
- Blanch the Romanesco florets in boiling water until just cooked through. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining ingredients into a medium frypan over low heat. When hot, add the Romanesco florets and toss to coat. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- For the Scallops, place a medium frypan over high heat. Add the oil and when very hot, season the scallops, add to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Add the butter and baste the scallops until just cooked through.
- To serve, place a spoonful of the Cauliflower Puree onto each serving plate. Add the Pan Seared Scallops and Romanesco. Sprinkle with a pinch of Bush Tomato Salt. Scatter Roasted Chestnuts over the plate. Drizzle the Watercress and Wasabi Rocket Oil around the plate and garnish with pea shoots.