Bush Honey Jus
Dried Mint Leaves
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Set pressure cooker to browning setting. Pre-heat deep fryer to 180°C.
- To prepare the Lamb Loin, remove fillets from lamb racks, trim and set aside in fridge until needed to finish. Reserve all bones and trimmings for the Bush Honey Jus.
- For the Bush Honey Jus, place a little oil in the pressure cooker, add the chopped lamb rack bones and trimmings, along with the beef bones and fry, stirring regularly, until browned, about 8-10 minutes. Once browned, add all vegetables and continue to cook until vegetables are golden and soften, about 6 – 7 minutes.
- Once vegetables are soft, add the red wine cook to deglaze the pan, stirring to scrape the bottom of the pan for about 2 minutes. Add stock, rosemary, and pepper and salt to taste and stir to combine. Change the setting on the pressure cooker to high pressure, seal the lid and cook under pressure for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, release the pressure on the cooker and pass the contents of the pot through a fine sieve into a clean saucepan, discarding the solids. Place the saucepan of strained stock on the stovetop over a medium heat, add honey and simmer until jus is reduced and thickened, about 25-30 minutes. Once jus has reduced, transfer to a jug and set aside, keeping warm until needed.
- For the Confit Carrots, place all ingredients, except the honey, into a small roasting pan, ensuring the carrots are covered in the oil. Place the roasting pan into the pre-heated oven and cook until the carrots are soft, about 40 minutes. Once soft, remove carrots from the oil and place in a large bowl. Add the honey and toss to coat evenly. Season to taste and set aside, keeping warm, until needed.
- For the Dried Mint, spread the mint leaves over a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake until dry about 25 – 30 minutes. Once dehydrated, remove from the oven and set aside on the tray to cool until needed.
- For the Kale Chips, remove the stalk from the leaves and tear each leaf into 5 chip size pieces. Spread out the leaf pieces on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle the leaves with a little olive oil and roast in the pre-heated oven until crisp, about 13 – 15 minutes. Once crisp, remove from oven and sprinkle with salt. Set aside on the tray to cool until needed.
- For the Parsnip Purée, place all ingredients into a clean pressure cooker, along with 125ml water. Seal the lid and cook on high pressure until parsnips are soft, about for 8 minutes. Once cooked, release the pressure, remove lid and transfer parsnips to a blender, reserving the cooking liquid.
- Add ¼ cup of the reserved cooking liquid to the blender and process parsnips until smooth. Pass the purée through a fine sieve into a medium bowl. Season to taste and set aside, keeping warm, until needed.
- For the Australian Dukkah, place all ingredients onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and cook in the pre-heated oven until golden and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on the tray.
- Once cool, transfer the mixture to the bowl of a large mortar and pestle. Crush the mixture until macadamias are finely crush and the mixture is a fine crumb. Set aside in a small bowl until needed.
- For the Parsnip Chips, using a vegetable peeler, shave thin ribbons from the parsnips. Place the ribbons into the pre-heated deep fryer oil, in batches, and cook until deep golden and crisp. Once cooked, remove from the deep fryer and set aside to drain on kitchen paper until needed.
- To finish the Lamb Loin, heat a large ovenproof frypan over medium high heat. When hot, add olive oil and lamb fillets. Cook, turning frequently, until evenly browned all over. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then add honey to the pan. Roll the lamb fillets in the honey to coat evenly. Transfer the frypan to the pre-heated oven and cook until blush pink on the inside, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven, remove lamb from frypan and set aside, covered, to rest.
- To serve, spread Parsnip Purée onto the bottom of each serving plate. Cut each lamb fillet into 6 medallions and place 3 medallions on each plate, on top of the purée. Arrange 5 kale chips around each plate. Place two Glazed Carrots on top of lamb on each plate. Arrange several Parsnip Chips and Dried Mint leaves on each plate. Finish each plate with a sprinkle of Australian Dukkah. Serve with Bush Honey Jus in a jug on the side.