- Preheat oven to 180C. Prechill ice cream machine.
- For the Salt and Vinegar Ice Cream, place chips, cream and milk in a medium saucepan. Set over medium heat and bring to boiling point. Remove from heat and strain.
- Meanwhile, place egg yolks and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk until light and fluffy. Slowly add strained cream mixture, whisking continuously, until fully incorporated. Add vinegar and salt and return to the saucepan. Set over medium heat and stir until mixture thickens and reaches 82C. Remove from heat, strain into a bowl and place over an ice bath to cool. Transfer to an ice cream machine and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions. Place ice cream in freezer to set until serving.
- For the Tuille Biscuits, place all ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine to a smooth paste. Spread mixture thinly onto a silpat lined tray to 32cm x 20cm. Place in oven to bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and using a 7cm round cutter, cut 8 rounds from the tuille. Allow to cool completely.
- For the Hazelnut and Salt and Vinegar Chip Crumb, place hazelnuts in a mortar and pestle and crush to make a crumb. Mix in remaining ingredients and set aside.
- To assemble, place one Tuille on each serving plate. Top with a scoop of Salt and Vinegar Ice Cream. Sprinkle with a tablespoon of the Hazelnut and Salt and Vinegar Crumb. Top with remaining Tuilles to make a sandwich.