Chicken Sauce and Crispy Skin
- For the Tomato Water, combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Pour into a sieve lined with muslin cloth and allow liquid to pass through. Reserve Tomato Water and set aside until needed. Discard the solids.
- For the Chicken Sauce, place a large frypan over high heat. Add olive oil, onions, garlic, finely chopped chicken wings and skinned chicken legs. Fry until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Add stock and cook on high heat for a further 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low, add chipotle chilli and pink peppercorns and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, strain through a fine sieve into a small saucepan. Place the saucepan on the stovetop and cook the sauce over medium heat until reduced enough to coat the back of a spoon. Once thickened, set aside, keeping warm, until needed.
- For the Crisp Chicken Skin, place a medium frypan over low heat. Season chicken skin and place into frypan, keeping the skin flat by placing a medium saucepan on top of the skin to weigh it down. Cook the chicken skin until rendered, crisp and golden brown, about 3-4 minutes, turning after about 2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside on paper towel to drain until needed.
- For the Tomato Salad, place all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir gently to combine. Set the salad aside in fridge until needed.
- For the Spinach Chiffonade, arrange the spinach leaves in a stack, then very finely slice. Place the finely sliced spinach into a bowl of iced water. Remove from water and drain on kitchen paper. Transfer the spinach to a medium bowl, drizzle lightly with olive oil, sprinkle with paprika and toss well to coat the spinach evenly. Set aside until needed.
- To serve, divide Spinach Chiffonade equally between 4 serving bowls. Top with Tomato Salad, then several shards of Crisp Chicken Skin. Pour a little of the Tomato Water gently into the base of each bowl and serve with Chicken Sauce on the side.