Rosemary Skewered Lamb Back Strap with Roasted Beetroot, Tomato, Figs, Feta and Merlot Reduction
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- To make the Roasted Beetroots, drizzle beetroots with olive oil, season and wrap individually in aluminium foil. Place onto a baking tray and into the oven until tender, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- To make the Lamb Skewers, prepare rosemary sprigs by removing leaves, leaving approximately 3cm in tact at one end. Clean up sprigs with a knife set aside. Place oil, anchovies, garlic, rosemary, oregano, chilli flakes and lemon juice into a bowl and mix to combine. Add back strap to bowl and coat completely with marinade, cover and set aside.
- To make the Feta Mousse, place feta and cream cheese into a food processor and process until smooth. Meanwhile, whip cream in an electric mixer to soft peaks. Fold feta and cream cheese through cream until combined and transfer to a piping bag. Set aside in fridge.
- To make the Merlot Reduction, place merlot vinegar in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add brown sugar, stir through and simmer until reduced by half, about 5-6 miniutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- To make the Potato Rosti, place grated potato into a clean tea towel and wring out any excess moisture. Mix potato and egg in a bowl until combined, portion mixture into 4 balls and set aside. Heat oil in a medium sized pan and add potato balls and flatten with a metal spatula. Cook until golden on each side, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and drain with paper towel, season while hot and set aside.
- To make the Caramelised Figs, place a small frypan over medium heat. Cut figs in half lengthways and coat cut side with brown sugar, place cut side onto frypan until caramelised, about xx minutes.
- To cook the Lamb Skewers, heat a frypan over medium heat. Cook lamb until browned on each side, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer pan to oven and cook for 3-4 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat and rest for 5 minutes. Slice lamb into medallions and thread onto rosemary sprig skewers.
- To serve, drizzle merlot reduction around plate and place skewers on top, followed by a potato rosti, tomatoes, fig and beetroots. Pipe some feta mousse around plate and finish with micro herbs.