Roasted Oyster Mushroom
Shimeji and Oyster Mushroom Pickle
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- For the Mushroom Puree, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic and sauté until soft.
- Add the mushroom, miso, smoked butter and cook down until mushrooms are soft and tender. Pour the mushroom mix into a blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend on high until smooth.
- Pass through a sieve and adjust seasoning with salt and white pepper
- For the Roasted Oyster Mushrooms, place mushrooms onto a lined baking tray and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Season with salt and bake until lightly golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- For the Hazelnut Pangrattato, place the bread on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt.
- Bake until golden brown and dry. Remove from the oven and transfer to a chopping board. Chop to a coarse crumb then transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss through until combined. Set aside.
- For the Shimeji and Oyster Mushroom Pickle, place ingredients along with 160ml water , except mushrooms, into a small saucepan. Bring to the boil and set aside to cool slightly. Pour over the mushrooms and set aside until required. Drain well to serve.
- For the Parsley Oil, bring a small saucepan of salted water to the boil. Prepare an ice bath in a small bowl.
- Blanch parsley in the boiling water for 5 seconds then remove from the water and refresh in ice bath. Once cold, drain the leaves and using paper towel, squeeze out as much water as possible. Transfer to a small food processor, add the oil and process until smooth. Pour through a muslin lined sieve into clean bowl and set aside to strain. Season the strained oil with salt and transfer to a squeeze bottle. Set aside.
- To serve, place the Roasted Oyster Mushrooms in the centre of each plate. Pipe Mushroom Puree onto the plates and add some Hazelnut Pangrattato between. Add the Pickled Shimeji and Oyster Mushrooms, a drizzle of Parsley Oil and garnish with micro sorrel leaves.