Eggplant, Tahini and Black Garlic Puree
Black Tahini Cracker
Black Garlic Butter
Tomato and Blackberry Sauce
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- For the Beef Fat, place a medium frypan over low medium heat. Add the beef fat and allow to render for 8-10 minutes. Place into the oven render the fat for a further 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside until required.
- For the Eggplant, Tahini and Black Garlic Puree, place the eggplant onto a small baking tray and pierce with the tip of a sharp knife. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Cook in the oven until soft and skin has wrinkled, about 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly. Roughly chop the flesh and place into a high speed blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Decrease the oven temperature to 180C.
- For the Black Tahini Cracker, combine ingredients together with 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl and mix to a smooth spreadable consistency.
- Spread mixture thinly over a large lined baking tray and bake until dry and brittle, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Break into shards.
- For the Black Garlic Butter, place ingredients in a small bowl and mix together until smooth and uniform in colour. Season with a little salt and pepper, then spoon into small serving ramekin. Set aside.
- For the Roasted Tomatoes, place the whole tomatoes into a small shallow baking tray and drizzle with oil. Cook in the oven until tomatoes are soft and beginning to collapse, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and season with salt. Set aside.
- For the Tomato and Blackberry Sauce, place tomatoes, blackberries and caster sugar into a saucepan and place over a medium heat. Simmer until tomatoes and blackberries breakdown and become syrupy, about 10 minutes.
- Add the rendered beef fat, salt and pepper and mix well. Spoon into a ramekin and set aside.
- To serve, spoon some Eggplant, Tahini and Black Puree onto each plate and spread out lightly with the back of the spoon. Place three Roasted Tomatoes onto the puree, top with some Black Tahini Crackers and serve the ramekins of Tomato and Blackberry Sauce and Black Garlic Butter on the side. Garnish plates with a few fresh blackberries.