Orange, Star Anise and Cinnamon Broth
- For the Orange, Star Anise and Cinnamon Broth, place all ingredients, except chilli, along with 1.25 litres water into a pressure cooker. Seal and cook on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Strain liquid through a fine sieve into a medium saucepan and add chilli. Season with salt to taste. Cover with a lid and set aside.
- For the Pork Dumpling wrappers, place the flour into a medium bowl. Slowly pour in 160-180ml water and mix by hand until a rough dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured bench and knead until a smooth soft dough forms. Add sesame seeds and knead into dough until evenly distributed. Wrap dough in cling film and set aside to rest for 15 minutes.
- Cut the dough into 4 portions and pass each portion through a pasta roller, starting at the thickest setting through to the second thinnest setting.
- Lay sheets of dough onto a lightly floured bench. Using a 7cm round cutter, cut 30 circles from the dough. Cover with a clean tea towel.
- For the filling, place all ingredients into a medium bowl and mix together by hand until thoroughly combined.
- Place approximately 2 tsp of filling into the centre of each dumpling wrapper. Lightly wet the edge of each wrapper with water and pleat the edges together to seal.
- Return broth to a simmer. Cook the dumplings in the simmering broth, in batches, until filling is cooked through, approximately 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and divide between serving bowls. Top with the garnishes. Pour hot broth over the dumplings and serve immediately.