- Preheat oven to 150⁰C. Grease and flour a round 8” cake tin.
- Sift flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt three times.
- Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add half the milk as it helps to dissolve the sugar. Add flours and fold to combine.
- Fold in beaten egg whites and remaining milk until smooth.
- Take ¼ of the mixture and colour with 2-3 droplets of rose pink colour. Place spoonfuls of white cake batter over the base of prepared cake tin. Spoon over pink cake batter in a circular pattern, cover with ½ the remaining white batter. Fill the centre with remaining pink batter and cover with remaining white batter. Bake for 60-70 minutes. Remove from oven, cake is cooked when it springs back to the touch and will lift away from the pan when lightly shaken. Allow to cool on a flat tea towel lined with baking paper.
- For icing, combine ingredients until smooth. When cake is cooled, decorate with pink icing and serve cut into wedges.