- Preheat oven to 180C.
- For the Passionfruit Semifreddo, strain the passionfruit pulp through a fine sieve to extract 60ml juice. Reserve half of the pips.
- Place egg, egg yolk and sugar in a bowl and place over a saucepan of simmering water. Whisk until light and fluffy, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat, add the passionfruit juice and pips, then place over a bowl of ice and whisk until cool.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream to stiff peaks and set aside until required.
- Once the passionfruit mix has cooled down gently fold in the cream until completely incorporated. Spoon mix into 6 x 7cm silicone dome moulds, scrape tops level and set aside in freezer until set and ready to serve.
- For the Thyme Crumb, place flour, butter, and sugar into a food processor and process until the mixture comes together. Turn out onto baking paper and roll out to approximately 2mm thick. Place on a baking tray and in the oven to bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, break up to a crumb consistency and stir through thyme leaves. Set aside until serving.
- For the Salted Caramel Sauce, melt the sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, As the sugar starts turning a caramel colour around the edges swirl the saucepan slightly. Continue until the sugar has completely melted and turned a dark caramel colour, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in butter then cream. Add the salt, to taste, and whisk through. Set aside, keeping warm, until serving.
- To serve, place a 7cm ring mould onto the serving plate, sprinkle the Thyme Crumb into the mould to produce a 1mm thick disc, remove the ring mould. Take the Passionfruit Semifreddo from the freezer, unmould and place on top of the crumb. Serve with the Salted Caramel Sauce in a jug on the side.