Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Pan Roasted Chicken
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- For the Roasted Brussels Sprouts, trim the bases from the Brussels sprouts and reserve the fresh outer leaves for garnish. Chop the sprouts in half and place into a medium roasting dish.
- Add the olive oil, butter, lemon juice and zest, tarragon, salt and pepper and mix to combine. Roast in the oven until golden and tender, about 20 minutes, tossing the sprouts around halfway through cooking. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- For the Pan Roasted Chicken, remove the skin from the breasts of the chicken. Place skin between two trays lined with baking paper and bake in the oven until golden and crisp, about 20 – 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Break down the spatchcock, reserving the Marylands and breast portions. Finely chop the wings and carcass and place into a frypan. Place over a medium heat and cook until golden and the juices are released. Remove from the heat and set aside, reserving the pan juices.
- Place the Marylands and breasts into a shallow bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the lemon juice, zest, tarragon, salt and pepper and mix to coat the spatchcock portions. Set aside in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Place the butter and remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a medium frypan and place over medium heat. Add the Marylands to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes on each, basting with the butter and oil. Add the breast portions and cook for about 2 minutes on each side, basting the spatchcock or until all of the portions are cooked through and the skin is golden. Remove from the pan and set aside to rest.
- For the Mango Puree, place a small frypan over a medium heat. Add butter and when hot, add the remaining ingredients and cook, stirring continuously, until mango is caramelised, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and transfer the contents of the frypan to a blender. Blend until smooth. Pass through a sieve into a small bowl and set aside.
- For the Charred Mango, heat a griddle pan over medium high heat. Cut the mango cheek into 7mm thick slices. Place the slices into the pan and cook until charred but still firm, about 1 minute on each side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- For the Spring Onions, place the butter into a large frypan and place over medium heat. When melted, add the spring onions and cook until the spring onions are tender and golden, about 4-5 minutes.
- To serve, spread some Mango Puree onto each plate. Slice the breast portions in half lengthways and arrange on plates with the Marylands. Add the Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Charred Mango, fresh mango and Spring Onions around the plate. Garnish with shards of crispy skin, fresh Brussels sprout leaves and fresh sliced spring onions.