Butter Poached Moreton Bay Bugs and Yabbies
Caviar Beurre Blanc
- For the Golden Potatoes, place the butter, verjuice, chardonnay and salt and pepper into a medium sized saucepan over low heat. Allow butter to melt then whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer then add the potato cubes. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through. Remove from the heat.
- Place a large frypan over medium high heat. Using a slotted spoon, remove the potatoes from the saucepan and place into the frypan. Fry until golden and crisp, adding a little of the butter mixture, if required.
- Remove from the heat and set aside. Reserve the butter mixture to poach the seafood.
- For the Butter Poached Moreton Bay Bugs and Yabbies, remove the tails from the bugs and yabbies, carefully remove the tail meat and clean.
- Strain the butter mixture through a fine sieve into a large saucepan and place over a very low heat so that the butter has a few bubbles in the centre.
- Add half of the bugs and yabbies to the butter. Remove the yabbies after 2-3 minutes and the bugs after about 4-5 minutes or when just cooked through. Set aside on a warm plate. Reserve the poaching mixture.
- For the Caviar Beurre Blanc, pass the poaching mixture through a fine sieve into a small saucepan and place over low heat until almost boiling. Remove from the heat. Add the chives and half of the caviar and swirl the pan gently to combine the ingredients. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- To serve, place the poached bugs and yabbies onto the serving plates and top with remaining caviar. Scatter potatoes around the plates. Pour the sauce around plates and serve immediately.