Mandarin Panna Cotta
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- For the Mandarin Panna Cotta, place gelatine in a bowl of iced water and set aside to bloom.
- Combine cream, milk, sugar, mandarin juice and zest into a small saucepan over low heat and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat, squeeze out gelatine to remove excess water and add to the panna cotta mix. Stir well until gelatine has dissolved and strain into a clean bowl. Cool completely over an ice bath and pour into 8 by 2cm dome moulds, and 4 by 6cm dome moulds. Place into the freezer until frozen.
- For the Mandarin Granita, juice mandarin and place into a small 12cm x13cm loaf tin. Place into the freezer until frozen, about 10-15 minutes. Once frozen, scrape granita with a fork to break up into flakes and set aside in the freezer.
- For the Mandarin Jelly, place gelatine into a bowl of iced water and set aside to bloom.
- Juice mandarins and weigh out 150ml of juice. Place mandarin juice and sugar into a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over low heat. Remove from heat, squeeze out gelatine to remove excess water and add to the hot mandarin juice. Stir well until gelatine has dissolved then strain through a fine sieve. Pour into a 21cm x13cm loaf tin and place into the fridge until set, about 1 hour.
- For the Spice Mix, place a small frypan over medium heat. Add spices and toast until fragrant. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Transfer to a spice grinder and blitz to a fine powder. Set aside.
- For the Crumb, place all ingredients into a food processor and blitz to a coarse crumb. Place into the oven and bake until just golden, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven, break up crumb using a fork and return to oven to bake until golden and crisp, about 3-4 minutes. Adjust seasoning with salt if necessary.
- For the Ganache, bring cream and spice mix to the boil then reduce heat to low and simmer to infuse, about 5-6 minutes. Place chocolate into a bowl and strain warm spiced cream mixture onto the chocolate and stir until smooth. Set aside to cool then transfer to a piping bag.
- For the Sherbet, place all ingredients into a bowl and mix well to combine. Pass through a fine sieve twice and set aside.
- For the Soaked Segments, place mandarin segments into a bowl and cover with Grand Marnier, stir gently to coat and set aside.
- To plate, spoon some Crumb onto the plate and top with 1 large and 2 small domes of the Frozen Panna Cotta. Pipe some dots of Ganache on the plate. Cut Jelly into dice and scatter some around the plate. Add a spoon of the Sherbet and a few pieces of freeze dried mandarin. Garnish with nasturtiums and marigold flowers and spoon some granita on the side.