- For the Cucumber and Thai Basil Granita, place sugar and 60g water in a small saucepan and set over high heat. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves and syrup boils. Remove from heat, add gelatine and stir until dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Pass cucumbers through a juicer to yield 480g of juice and add to the cooled sugar syrup. Transfer to a blender, add Thai basil leaves and process until smooth.
- Pour into a 35cm x 24cm shallow tray and place into freezer. Once mixture has begun to freeze, using a fork, scrape surface every 10-15 minutes until a granita has formed. Set aside, in freezer until serving.
- For the Ginger and Lime Mousse, pass ginger through a juicer to yield 100ml juice. Place ginger juice, lime zest and sugar in a saucepan, set over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat, add gelatine and stir until dissolved. Add 50ml cream and yoghurt and whisk until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place remaining 125ml cream into the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk to soft peaks. Gently fold cream through cooled yoghurt mixture. Spoon into six 7cm dome moulds, levelling surface and place in freezer until set.
- Remove from freezer, unmould onto a lined tray and set aside, in fridge, until ready to serve.
- For the Vietnamese Pickled Cucumbers, combine lime juice, chilli, fish sauce and 100ml water in a small bowl and stir to combine. Cut cucumber into 0.5cm thick rounds and place in the pickle mixture for 1 hour. Drain and set aside until serving.
- To serve, place a Ginger and Lime Mousse onto each serving plate. Add Vietnamese Pickled Cucumber and a spoonful of Cucumber and Thai Basil Granita. Garnish with grated cucumber, shaved coconut and fennel fronds.