- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place flour into a large zip-lock bag. Add lamb and shake in bag to coat in flour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over high heat. Cook lamb for about 5 minutes until brown. Transfer lamb to a bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 1 tablespoon oil with garlic and ginger in a bowl. Place a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Cook garlic mixture for 30 seconds until fragrant, then add curry powder, tomato paste, soy sauce, vinegar and brown sugar, and stir to combine. Stir in pineapple juice. Bring to the boil, then add meat to pan. Cover the surface with a cartouche made out of baking paper, then cover with a lid, and place in oven for about 2 hours until meat is tender.
- Stir in walnuts and season to taste.
- Serve with braise buttered egg noodles steamed brown rice.