Kombu Cured Kingfish
- Preheat the oven to 140C.
- For the Braised Kombu, place the oil and kombu into a high speed blender and process on low speed for 6-8 minutes. Strain through a muslin lined sieve and set aside, reserving both the kombu and the oil separately.
- For the Roasted Hazelnuts, place the hazelnuts onto a small tray and toast in the oven until golden and skin starts to lift, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer the to a clean tea towel. Rub vigorously with a tea towel to remove the skins. Cut the hazelnuts in half and set aside.
- For the Citrus Sauce, place the orange juice and zest, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon braised kombu and salt into a small bowl and add honey, to taste. Add 2 teaspoons of kombu oil and whisk together.
- For the Kombu Cured Kingfish, mix the ingredients together in medium bowl. Cover and allow to cure in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- To serve, plate the Kombu Cured Kingfish into the centre of each serving bowl. Arrange some fresh orange segments and Roasted Hazelnuts on top of the kingfish.
- Pour the Citrus Sauce around the bowls and serve immediately.