- For the Dressing, place the palm sugar with half of the fish sauce into a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients, adjusting the balance with the lime juice as desired. Set aside to cool.
- For the Mango and Green Papaya Salad, mix ingredients together, except the betel leaves and shallots, in a medium bowl.
- Add the Dressing and toss to combine.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the betel leaves and shallots.