- For the Ginger and Cumin Chicken, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well to coat evenly. Set aside in the fridge.
- For the Pumpkin Puree, place pumpkin, ginger and a pinch of salt into a saucepan and cover with water. Place over medium heat, bring to a simmer and cook until pumpkin is soft. Strain and place into a large bowl. Add butter, cream, milk and blend with a stick blender until smooth. Season to taste and set aside.
- For the Chestnut Puree, place milk, cream and cumin seeds in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and add chestnuts. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until chestnuts soften then remove from heat and allow to cool. Once cool, blitz using a stick blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and set aside.
- For the Crispy Ginger, heat oil in a small saucepan. Once oil is hot, add ginger and fry until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes. Remove from oil and set aside on paper towel to drain.
- For the Garnish, toast cumin seeds in a small frypan until fragrant then remove from frypan heat and set aside. Using the same frypan over medium heat, and add sliced pancetta and fry until crisp then remove from heat and aside to drain on paper towel.
- To finish the Ginger and Cumin Chicken, heat a large frypan over medium heat. Place marinated chicken into pan, skin side down, and fry until skin is crispy, about 4 minutes. Turn over and cook until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve, slice each Ginger and Cumin Chicken thigh into 4 pieces and arrange on serving plates. Drizzle with juices from the cooking pan. Top with some Crispy Ginger. Add a dollop of Pumpkin Puree and Chestnut Puree. Break some crispy pancetta over each plate and sprinkle with toasted cumin seeds.