Wattleseed and Chocolate Logs
Lemon Myrtle Mascarpone
- Pre-chill ice cream machine and preheat oven to 180C.
- For the Raspberry Sorbet, place the sugar, glucose and 90ml water into a small saucepan and stir over low heat until sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and place in the fridge to chill.
- Pass the raspberry puree through a fine sieve into a bowl. Stir in the chilled sugar syrup and citric acid, to taste, and place into the ice cream machine.
- Churn according to manufacturer’s instructions then place the sorbet into the freezer until required.
- For the Chocolate Soil, place the chocolate onto a lined tray and bake in the oven until golden, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Place the remaining ingredients into a bowl and mix by hand to a soft dough.
- Roll dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick and chill in the freezer until firm. Place onto a baking tray and peel away top layer of paper.
- Bake in the oven for 7 minutes then turn the tray around in the oven and bake for a further 7-8 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Break into shards then place into a food processor and pulse to a crumb.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the caramelised white chocolate and mix through using fingertips. Set aside.
- For the Wattleseed and Chocolate Logs, line a large baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Place the butter and icing sugar into the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add the egg whites and beat together for 30 seconds. Add the flour, cocoa and wattleseed and mix together until smooth.
- Working with 1 teaspoon of batter at a time, spoon the batter onto baking paper and spread to a rectangle measuring 7cm x 3cm. Bake until cooked and lightly golden, about 7-10 minutes. Remove the tray from the oven and while still hot, lift each biscuit from the tray and wrap around a cannoli tube or thin rolling pin to form a log. Set aside until cool and crisp. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Once cool, carefully remove the logs and set aside.
- For the Lemon Myrtle Mascarpone, place ingredients in a medium bowl and mix together until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag and set aside in the fridge until required.
- To serve, pipe Lemon Myrtle Mascarpone into the centre of each plate. Add a spoonful of Chocolate Soil. Sprinkle with diced jujubes and sandalwood nuts. Finish with a quenelle of Raspberry Sorbet and a Wattleseed and Chocolate Log.