- Preheat oven to 180C.
- For the Curry Sauce, place coriander and cumin seeds in a small frypan over low heat and roast until fragrant. Transfer to a food processor. Add chillies, shallots, garlic, galangal, lemongrass, Thai basil, coriander roots and blend to a smooth paste.
- Place peanut oil in a medium saucepan and set over medium heat. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk, tamarind puree, fish sauce, sugar and 500ml water and bring to a boil.
- Add the potato and cook until the soft, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat, remove potatoes from the sauce and set them aside on a plate. Strain sauce into a serving jug and set aside, keeping warm, until serving.
- For the Duck Breast, season the duck breasts with salt and place, skin side down, in a cold large frypan. Set frypan over medium heat and cook until the fat has rendered and the skins are golden brown, about 10 minutes. Turn the duck breasts and sear the other sides for 1 minute. Remove from heat, remove the duck from the frypan and set aside to rest for 10-15 minutes, reserving the fat in the pan.
- For the Vegetables, return frypan with duck fat to a medium heat. Add cherry tomatoes and snow peas and cook until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside on a plate. Add eggplant slices and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside. Add cooked potatoes to pan and cook until golden. Remove from pan and set aside on paper towel, to drain. Season the vegetables with salt.
- To serve, place snow peas in the centre of each serving plate. Slice Duck Breasts into 2cm slices and place a breast on each plate. Add cherry tomatoes, eggplant and potatoes around the duck breast and garnish with spring onions, chilli and coriander leaves. Serve with Curry Sauce on the side.