- Preheat the water bath to 54°C and preset hot coals in a hibachi/konro.
- For the Crayfish, twist the head and pull to separate the head from the tail. Discard the head. Use scissors to cut down each side of the crayfish underside. Pull the underside flap back and remove, using scissors to trim close to the tail if needed. Carefully remove flesh from the shell. Use scissors to trim the spikey edges of the shell and reserve the shell for plating.
- Thread two bamboo skewers through the length of the tail flesh to prevent curling. Combine crayfish flesh, nori paste and butter in a cryovac bag. Use a cryovac machine to vacuum and seal.
- Place the bag of crayfish into the water bath and cook sous vide for 40 minutes. Carefully open the bag, removing the crayfish flesh and reserving the liquid.
- Half fill a saucepan or deep fryer with canola oil and warm to 175°C.
- Place crayfish flesh and shell onto a wire rack set over hot coals at high heat to cook for 1-2 minutes each side. Remove both flesh and shell from the grill and set aside on a plate to rest for 5 minutes.
- For the Kefir Milk Dressing, combine kefir, olive oil, mustard, shallot, saltbush, samphire, karkalla and salt in a blender and process until smooth. Pass dressing through a fine sieve. Set the dressing aside at room temperature until ready to serve.
- For the Saltbush Leaves, carefully place saltbush into the hot oil. Deep fry for 20-30 seconds or until crisp. Remove saltbush from the oil and drain on paper towel.
- Pour 200ml kefir milk dressing into the serving bowl. Place crayfish shell into the centre of the bowl and add a little kefir milk dressing into it. Slice crayfish flesh into 1cm thick pieces and place into the shell. Spoon the reserved nori butter over the crayfish and add a few drops around the plate. Strip the fried saltbush leaves from the stem and scatter over the crayfish.