- For the Poaching Stock, combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to the boil then simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the Poached Crab, lift the carapace from the crab body. Discard the dead man’s fingers and any grit or gunk.
- Carefully place crabs in the poaching stock and poach for 4½ minutes.
- Remove crab from the poaching liquid and transfer to a bowl of iced water until cool. Remove crab from the water. Pick crab meat from the shell and claws and place in a small bowl, discarding the shell.
- Season the crab with lemon zest, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- For the Yoghurt Flatbread, in the bowl of a stand mixer, combine warm water, yoghurt, sugar and yeast and set aside for 10-15 minutes or until bubbles form on the surface.
- Add the flour and salt and mix on low speed until dough comes together. Knead for 10 minutes or until smooth.
- Loosely cover the bowl of dough with a tea towel and set aside in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Portion the dough into 60g portions, approximately golf ball size. Roll each portion into a ball then use a small rolling pin to roll into a 1cm thick disk.
- Place a wire rack over a barbeque/hibachi of hot coals. In batches, place the flatbread on the wire rack and cook for 30 seconds – 1 minute each side or until lightly charred and cooked through. As bread starts to puff, weigh down with a small oven tray to press flat.
- Transfer flatbread to an oven tray and brush both sides with extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Meanwhile, for the Pickled Onions, combine the vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard seeds, coriander seeds and turmeric in a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- In a small bowl, combine the sliced onions and the pickling liquid, ensuring the onion is submerged. Set aside for at least 30 minutes or until cool.
- For the Hot Sauce, combine mayonnaise and sriracha in a small bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt.
- For the Herb Salsa, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- To serve, spread approximately 1 tablespoon of Hot Sauce over each flatbread. Top the flatbread with Poached Crab Meat, Pickled Onions, Herb Salsa and caviar.