- Preheat a BBQ or grill plate over medium high heat.
- To butterfly the prawns, cut length ways through the length of the belly. Devein and clean the prawns without filling the prawn heads with water. Set aside in the fridge.
- Place the butter into a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from the heat.
- Place the garlic, turmeric and chilli flakes into a small food processor or mortar and pestle and process until almost smooth. Stir into the melted butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Season the prawns with salt and pepper then place onto the BBQ or grill plate, cut side down, and cook for 3 minutes. Baste with the Garlic Butter then turn and cook on the other side, basting with more Garlic Butter, until just cooked through, about 1 minute. Baste with Garlic Butter and transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with finely chopped coriander stem.