- For the Dipping Sauce, mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Divide mixture into 2 bowls, set one bowl aside for Charred Prawns and the other for Herb Salad and serving.
- For the Fried Shallots, heat oil in a small saucepan to 180C. Add shallots and fry until golden brown. Remove from oil and place on paper towel until cool. Sprinkle with salt and set aside until serving.
- For the Herb Salad, place herbs and lychees into a medium bowl and set aside until serving.
- For the Charred Prawns, place a griddle pan on medium heat. Place prawns into one bowl of dipping sauce and allow to marinate for 4 minutes.
- Remove prawns from dipping sauce, discarding sauce, and cook on hot oiled griddle pan until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from heat.
- To serve, arrange betel leaves on a large platter. Place a Charred Prawn on each leaf. Dress Herb Salad lightly with 2-3 tablespoons of dipping sauce and place a little on top of each prawn. Top with chopped roasted peanuts and sliced red chilli, drizzle with Dipping Sauce and top with Fried Shallots.