Grilled Pine Mushroom
- Preheat oven to 250C. Prepare a hibachi or BBQ grill.
- For the Roasted Celeriac, peel the celeriac, drizzle with oil and season with salt. Wrap in foil and bake until soft and the internal temperature is 85C, about 45 minutes. Remove from foil and place into the fridge to cool and firm for 10 minutes.
- Using a mandolin, slice each celeriac into 1-2mm slices. Set aside.
- For the Baked Radish, season radishes with salt and pepper and bake until very tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and peel off skins. Set aside.
- For the Chilli Tofu, cook capsicums on hibachi or BBQ until skin is blackened. Remove from the heat and pace into a bowl, cover and set aside for 10 minutes. Discard skin and seeds and place the flesh into the canister of a stick blender.
- Place the soy milk into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Stir in the vinegar and allow milk to curdle for 3-5 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve, reserving both the curds and the whey.
- Place the curds, yeast and salt into the food processor with the capsicum flesh and blend, adding a 50-80ml reserved whey as required, until smooth and thick. Set aside.
- For the Beetroot Relish, heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the stems, leek and garlic and cook until soft. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer until reduced and sticky. Remove from the heat.
- For the Grilled Pine Mushrooms, slice mushrooms and remove gills. Combine the oil, nutritional yeast and salt in a small bowl. Brush the mixture onto the mushroom slices and cook on the hibachi or BBQ on each side until golden, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- For the Aquafaba Skin, pour the aquafaba into a non-stick fry pan over medium heat and simmer until almost evaporated. Sprinkle with half of the nutritional yeast and salt.
- Using an offset spatula, lift away the skin as it forms across the surface and hold in the air until cool and crisp. Set aside on a lined baking tray. Repeat process.
- To serve, arrange celeriac slices on a plate, top with Grilled Pine Mushrooms, Baked Radish, carrot and lettuce. Top with some Chilli Tofu, Aquafaba Skin and Beetroot Relish