Sweet Soy Ice cream
- Preheat oven to 180C. Pre-chill ice cream machine.
- For the Carrot Cake, line and grease 4 x 10cm springform tins.
- Place soy milk, apple cider vinegar, olive oil and aquafaba into a small jug and mix well then set aside for 5 minutes until mixture has curdled.
- In a separate bowl mix together self raising flour, 160g caster sugar and grated carrot. Add the soy milk mixture in 3 batches, ensuring each addition is well incorporated. Pour into prepared tins.
- Place the plain flour, remaining 50g sugar and butter into a small bowl and rub between fingertips to a crumble. Sprinkle evenly over cake batter. Bake until cooked through, about 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow cakes to cool in their tins.
- For the Sweet Soy Ice Cream, place cream cheese in the canister of a stick blender and process until smooth. Place soy milk and sugar into a saucepan over low heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Add to cream cheese mixture then process until combined.
- Pour into ice cream machine and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions. Place into the freezer until required.
- For the Beetroot Caramel, place sugar and water into a saucepan over high heat. Using a wet pastry brush, brush down the inside of the saucepan to prevent crystallisation. Cook to a dark caramel then remove from the heat. Whisk in beetroot juice and cream cheese. Add soy milk, vegan butter, thyme leaves and capsicum then return to the heat for 1 minute. Pass caramel through a sieve into a jug and set aside for serving.
- To serve, place a Carrot Cake onto each serving plate. Top with a generous scoop of Sweet Soy Ice Cream and drizzle of Beetroot Caramel.