Braised beef shin
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan forced.
- For potato mash, pierce potatoes a few times with a sharp knife then place on a bed of rock salt. Roast for 1 hour or until tender. Halve potatoes and push, cut-side down through a drum sieve into a large bowl, stir in milk and butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Dust beef with seasoned flour. In a medium frying pan heat 1 tablespoon oil and cook carrot, onion and garlic until well caramelised. Meanwhile heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pressure cooker and brown beef on all sides until it has a nice crust. Transfer vegetables to pressure cooker. Add red wine, veal stock, rosemary and thyme. Bring to the boil, cover, bring up to pressure and cook for 45-55 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Place a thin layer of sliced butter in a small saucepan. Lay turnips, flat side down on top of butter. Cook over low heat, adding chicken stock once the butter has melted. Cook until turnips are tender.
- Once beef is cooked, pour liquid into a frying pan and bring to simmer over medium-high. Simmer until sauce has reduced, adding a butter and little red wine or stock to balance flavour.
- To serve; arrange the beef, turnips, eschalots and quenelles of mash potato onto serving plate. Scatter over the cress and serve sauce in a sauceboat on the side.
Preparation: 20 minutes Cooking: 1 hour 20 minutes