- Preheat oven to 180C.
- For the Beetroot Bavarois, place gelatine into a bowl of iced water and set aside to bloom. Line a 20cm x 30cm shallow baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Combine 240ml of the cream with the beetroot juice in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until pale and fluffy. Slowly add hot cream beetroot mixture into the egg mixture, whisking continuously. Return mixture to saucepan and stir over low heat until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, place remaining cream into a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and whip to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold whipped cream through the beetroot egg mixture then pour into prepared tray and set aside in the freezer until set. Once set, use a 9cm ring cutter to cut out four 9cm discs of the Bavarois. Transfer discs to a clean paper lined baking tray and return to the freezer until required.
- For the Puffed Quinoa, place quinoa, salt and 165ml water into a small saucepan over low heat. Bring to a simmer then cover and cook until water has absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 10-12 minutes. Spread thinly onto a paper lined baking tray and bake in the oven until golden and crisp, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- For the Confit Beetroot, combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat and simmer until beetroot is tender but still holds its shape, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside in saucepan.
- For the Candied Fennel, combine caster sugar and 100ml water in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until sugar has dissolved. Add fennel and cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside in saucepan.
- For the Chocolate Disc, place 60g of the chocolate into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave chocolate in 30-second bursts, stirring in between each burst until melted. Seed chocolate by adding the remaining chocolate and stir until melted, ensuring temperature stays above 32C. Spread melted chocolate thinly onto a sheet of acetate. Transfer acetate sheet to a baking tray and top with a layer of baking paper. Add a second baking tray on top to weigh down and place into the fridge until almost set, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and remove top tray and top layer of baking paper. Place acetate sheet onto the bench. Using an 8cm ring cutter, cut disc impressions into the chocolate layer. Place back onto the baking tray, cover again with baking paper and a second tray and place into the fridge until chocolate completely set.
- Once set, remove from the fridge and carefully remove chocolate discs from the acetate sheet. Transfer discs to a clean chopping board. Heat the edges of a 6cm metal ring cutter using a blowtorch then use the hot ring cutter to cut into half of each chocolate disc. Discard smaller section of chocolate to leave you with a half moon shape.
- To serve, place around 2 tablespoons of the Confit Beetroot onto each serving plate. Top with a disc of Beetroot Bavarois and a Chocolate Disc. Sprinkle some Puffed Quinoa around the bavarois and finish with some Candied Fennel. Drizzle some of the reserved Confit Beetroot liquid around the plate.