- For the BBQ Beef, prepare the marinade. Place all the ingredients, except the beef, into a blender and process until smooth.
- Cut the beef slices into strips and place into a medium bowl. Pour the marinade over the beef, mix well and set aside in the fridge to marinate for 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, heat a grill pan over medium high heat.
- Remove the beef strips from the marinade and cook in the hot grill pan, in batches, until browned on the outside and medium rare on the inside, about 1-2 minutes. Remove the beef from the pan and set aside, covered, to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, for the Ssamjang Sauce, place ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a small saucepan over a medium heat and cook until thickened, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- To serve, spoon some steamed jasmine rice into the base of each serving bowl. Top with some BBQ Beef and a generous serve of Ssamjang Sauce. Garnish with some pear and bean sprouts.