- Preheat charcoal BBQ grill or grill plate. Soak 12 bamboo skewers in water.
- For the Salsa Verde, place all ingredients into a medium bowl and mix to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste and set aside.
- For the Barbecued Prawns, peel the body of the prawns, leaving the head and tail shell on. Butterfly the prawns, cutting into the flesh along the backs very lightly and remove the digestive tracts.
- Push a soaked skewer through each prawn from tail to head.
- Drizzle prawns with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Barbecue the prawns on medium-high heat until just cooked through, about 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat.
- To serve, remove skewers and place prawns into lettuce leaves and finish with some Salsa Verde.