- Preheat oven to 200C.
- For the Baked Chocolate Mousse, place chocolate and olive oil in a microwave safe bowl and place in microwave in bursts, stirring after each burst, until chocolate has melted and incorporated with the olive oil.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and sugar until thick, pale and fluffy. Add the chocolate mixture and salt and fold through. Pour the mixture into a lined 16cm spring from tin and bake in the oven until almost set, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven, cool slightly then place in the fridge to set further until serving.
- Increase oven to 250C.
- For the Grilled Plums, heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Place the plums, cut side down, on the hot grill and cook until charred, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and cut each half into half again. Set aside until serving.
- For the Blackberry Sauce, place blackberries on a tray then place in oven to cook until liquid is oozing from the berries. Remove from oven and pass berries through a fine sieve into a small bowl. Cover bowl tightly with cling film, insert the nozzle of a smoke gun, ignite and allow bowl to fill with smoke for 5 minutes or longer for more intensity. Transfer to a squeeze bottle and set aside until serving.
- For the Hazelnut Praline, place caster sugar in a small frypan and melt over low heat until sugar begins to caramelise. Meanwhile, crush hazelnuts in a mortar and pestle until fine. Once sugar is amber in colour, add crushed hazelnuts then pour mixture onto a paper lined baking tray and set aside to cool. Break into shards, place into mortar and pestle and crush into a coarse powder. Set aside until serving.
- To serve, place a slice of the Baked Chocolate Mousse on each serving plate and add Grilled Plums. Sprinkle with Hazelnut Praline, squeeze Blackberry Sauce around each plate and garnish with fennel fronds.