Turmeric and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Raspberry and Davidson Plum Jellies
Sandalwood Nut Ganache
Macadamia and Wattleseed Toffee Praline
Salted Kakadu Plum Caramel
- For the Turmeric and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, combine cream, turmeric, scraped vanilla seeds and vanilla pod in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to a simmer. Remove cream from the heat and discard vanilla pods.
- In a mixing bowl, combine yolks and sugar and whisk until pale. Whilst stirring, gradually add yolk mixture to the hot cream. Stir over low heat until mixture is slightly thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- Chill until cold then transfer to an ice cream machine and churn until thick.
- Place a sheet of 7cm silicon dome moulds on a tray and fill at least four moulds, using a palette knife to level. Freeze until firm then unmould and place back into the freezer.
- For the Raspberry and Davidson Plum Jellies, combine raspberries and 2 tbsp water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine ‘jell it in’ powder and 200ml water, stir through and set aside.
- Add davidson plum powder to raspberry mixture and stir to dissolve. Pass through a fine sieve into a medium saucepan and add ‘jell it in’ mixture. Place saucepan over high heat, bring to the boil and continue to boil for 1 minute or until ‘jell it in’ has dissolved. Transfer raspberry mixture to an 18cm x 32cm deep tray and chill until set.
- Once set, use a 2cm round cutter to cut out small jellies and chill until required.
- For the Sandalwood Nut Ganache, toast the sandalwood nuts in a small frying pan. Add cream and bring to a simmer. Remove pan from the heat and set aside for 10 minutes to infuse. Pass mixture through a fine sieve into a medium bowl, discarding sandalwood nuts. Add chocolate and stir to melt.
- Place a sheet of 3cm silicon dome moulds onto a tray and fill with ganache. Freeze until firm. Unmould and chill until required.
- For the Macadamia and Wattleseed Toffee Praline, toast the macadamias and wattleseed in a small frying pan. Transfer macadamias and wattleseed to a small blender and pulse to roughly chop. Spread evenly over a silpat mat.
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan over high heat and without stirring, cook until golden. Pour toffee over macadamias and set aside until firm.
- Break toffee into large shards, transfer to a small food processor and process to a fine powder.
- For the Salted Kakadu Plum Caramel, combine butter and sugars in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add the cream, kakadu plum powder and salt, stir until smooth and bring to the boil. Continue to boil for 2 minutes then set aside.
- To serve, place an 8.5cm round cutter in the centre of serving plate and sprinkle Macadamia and Wattleseed Toffee Praline inside. Remove cutter and place Turmeric and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream dome on top. Arrange 4 Sandalwood Nut Ganache domes in a circle around the ice cream. Arrange 8 Raspberry and Davidson Plum Jellies in a second circle around the ganache. Pour Salted Kakadu Plum Caramel over the ice cream.