- Put a griddle pan on a high heat. Scrunch the minced lamb and harissa in your clean hands until well mixed. Divide into 6 pieces, then shape into koftas with your fingertips, leaving dents in the surface to increase the gnarly bits as they cook. Griddle for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until sizzling and golden.
- Meanwhile, shred the red cabbage as finely as you can. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar, then scrunch together to quickly pickle it.
- Warm your tortillas or flatbreads, sprinkle over the cabbage, spoon over the cottage cheese, add the koftas, drizzle with a little extra harissa, and tuck in.
- Try pork or beef mince in place of the lamb, no problem.
- No cottage cheese? A dollop of natural yoghurt, or a sprinkling of feta cheese would be equally delicious.
- White cabbage or carrot would work in place of the red cabbage.
- You could use pitta bread instead of a tortilla or flatbread, or you could make your own. For easy homemade flatbreads, start by placing a large dry non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. In a bowl, mix 100g of plain flour with 1 pinch of sea salt, 50ml of water and 1 tablespoon of olive oil until you have a dough. Halve, then roll out each piece on a flour-dusted surface until just under 1⁄2cm thick. Cook for 1 minute on each side, or until golden and almost a little gnarly, turning halfway. Simple!
5 Ingredients – Quick & Easy Food by Jamie Oliver is published by Penguin Random House © Jamie Oliver Enterprises Limited (2017 5 Ingredients – Quick & Easy Food) Photography: David Loftus.