For the Cereal:
For Bircher Muesli (serves 4):
To make the cereal:
- Roughly chop any larger dried fruit and nuts, then place into a large bowl along with the seeds, oats and cinnamon (if using).
- Tip into an airtight container.
To serve the cereal:
- Place a handful of cereal (roughly 50g) per person to your serving bowls.
- Add milk or natural yoghurt and chopped fresh fruit, if you like, then serve.
To make bircher muesli (serves 4):
- Add 200g of cereal to a large bowl.
- Place a box grater on a board, then coarsely grate the apple, discarding the core. Add it to your oaty cereal.
- Pour over enough milk to cover, then mix well.
- Cover the bowl with clingfilm, then pop in the fridge to soak overnight.
- When you’re ready to eat, give the bircher a good stir, divide between your bowls, then serve with chopped fresh fruit, if you like.
Be a part of Jamie's Food Revolution. Get involved and cook Jamie’s nutritious Food Revolution recipes to learn the skills you need to cook healthy food for years to come.
Jamie's Food Revolution Day Recipe © 2016 Jamie Oliver Enterprises Limited. Photography by James Lyndsay & Matt Russell.