- Lay out 4 rashers of pancetta, slightly overlapping them. Place a piece of cod on top, generously season with black pepper, then roll and wrap in the pancetta, and repeat.
- Place in a large non-stick frying pan on a medium heat and cook for 8 minutes, turning occasionally, adding the rosemary for the last 2 minutes.
- Remove the fish to a plate. Toss the lentils into the pan with 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar and push to one side to reheat for 1 minute and pick up all that residual flavour, while you quickly wilt the spinach with a splash of water alongside.
- Taste, season to perfection with sea salt and pepper, and divide both between your plates.
- Sit the wrapped cod on top of the lentils with the rosemary, and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- I’ve used cod, but you could absolutely try this method with haddock, pollock, salmon or trout. If you can get to your local fishmonger, why not ask them for a recommendation of what’s in season, and at its best?
- Smoked streaky bacon or prosciutto would be delicious in place of the pancetta, if that’s what you can get your hands on.
- The technique of reheating and flavouring the lentils would certainly work with tinned beans or chickpeas, too.
- Swap in any leafy greens in place of the spinach.
5 Ingredients – Quick & Easy Food by Jamie Oliver is published by Penguin Random House © Jamie Oliver Enterprises Limited (2017 5 Ingredients – Quick & Easy Food) Photography: David Loftus.