Makes: 1 glass
- Tripe (Stomach Lining) Water
- Century Egg
1. Before creating the rest of your smoothie, it is essential to get your egg and turn it into a ‘century egg’. This traditional Chinese delicacy is made by placing a duck, chicken, or quail egg in a saline mixture for several months. If you’re short on time, let it ferment for just a few weeks. Once the egg is a creamy, cheese-like texture and the whites turn dark, you’re good to go!
2. Get your tripe water and pop it in a saucepan on high heat until it reaches the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, stirring frequently. Once reduced, set aside until cooled.
3. Place the kidney, brain, lung, and century egg in a blender on high speed until combined.
4. Pour the cooled down reduced tripe water into the mixture and blend until smooth and creamy.
5. Pour into a smoothie glass, grab a straw, and get sipping!